Sunday, December 10, 2023

This is what a Mom does….

……makes a stocking for you, dear Mila.

Mila sent us photos of the Christmas stockings she sewed for Hannah and Vernon…they are simply lovely and clearly made with love.



I told her that we had seen photos of stockings for Owen, Hannah, and Vernon—but asked where was her Christmas stocking?  She said that she hadn’t made one for herself.  

I sent the following text to her….and you can tell what a dear daughter Mila is by her reply.


Over forty years ago I made Christmas stockings for my children.  When my girls were mothers, I taught them how to sew stockings for their children, our grandchildren. Now, in my mid-seventies, I once again had the pleasure of making a stocking for our newest daughter.

I spent the entire day having fun sewing, and my Danny was also hard at work.  He recharged our heated gloves, all our bicycle lights (at least 26 lights), pumped up our tires, handled the grocery delivery order, took lots of photos of me working away on the stocking, and played beautiful music for us.  

He also admired each step of the creation of my Christmas stocking with such awe!  I had never had anyone watch me sew random pieces of cloth together and really notice the magic and beauty that happens when, hours later, an item is completed.  Thank you, Danny.





We had a joyful day creating the perfect Christmas stocking for our special daughter. Thank you,  Owen, for bringing Mila into our lives.



Mila, your Christmas stocking may look empty, but it is overflowing with so much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment