Friday, December 15, 2023

Famous Christmas Trees

 Charlie Brown's:


Clark Griswold's:



Vicky Graybill's:








The rest of the story:

Early this morning (i.e., 3:00 a.m.) Vicky informed me that her "Christmas Tree had arrived."  She started putting it together, but nothing was right.  So, glancing up from the bed with my tired, but loving eyes,  I said:  "You have it upside down."  So, we spent the next five minutes de-assembling it. 

It's the weirdest little thing you have ever seen.  The "trunk" is a tree branch about 3 inches in diameter.  It does not taper at the top.  The "branches" are metal, with artificial needles......all of the needles about three inches long.  All of the "branches" are the same length (?)...they don't taper at the top.  So not only is the "trunk" not tapered, but all of the branches are the same length, and the needles are all the same size.

Of course, being the supportive, kind husband that I am, I did not laugh once.  Not ONCE.  (Ok, I laughed all morning, but that's not "once" isn't it?)

Last summer in Pine, AZ, where our summer cabin is located, she had collected.....ready for this?.....pine cones.  Last week she decorated several of them (see photos above).  Then she used some old, 1950s, tree ornaments, and......and......and....

And I'm publicly admitting it.  I was wrong.  It looks cute.  And fits with the festive nature of how we have decorated our home for the holidays.

We now have a Christmas tree to put our presents under….thank you, Vicky!


(but I still get to laugh about it being assembled upside down, don't I?......don't I?....WELL DON'T I?)

No comments:

Post a Comment