Saturday, July 2, 2022

Mr. Happy Face look-a-like!

Wherever we go, I see beautiful flowers that I just have to stop and photograph, rocks that I need to bring home, or ancient fossils just lying on the ground in front of me.  I don’t even have to look for these amazing treasures….they just pop out and grab my attention. 

Dan is very tolerant of me and likes to see my joy when I discover a new “precious “ find. He even insists on carrying all my rocks and fossils back to our home.  And he patiently stops and watches me crouch down (and at times, lie down) to get the perfect photo of my latest gorgeous wild flower or cactus blossom.  He is so sweet.

A few days ago we read an article about the dog that won the “World Ugliest Dog” contest.  His name is Mr. Happy Face.  There was the little dog's (maybe) “smiling” face.  It looked like a distorted monkey’s face to me. I particularly noticed the picture of this little dog.  He was called Mr Happy Face, but it seemed kind of sad and a little cruel to call him ugly—he couldn’t help how he looked.  God just made him with a strange face that someone decided was a “happy face.”  We hope he IS truly happy.

The very next day after reading about Mr. Happy Face we were hiking up a hill that seemed endless.  The hot sun was beating relentlessly down on our backs.  Suddenly, right in front of me on the ground, I saw Mr. Happy Face staring up at me.  For a second, I thought the heat had gotten to me and that I was hallucinating.  But no, there was Mr. Happy Face, with his eyes, mouth, and ears shining brightly!

Ok, it was actually a rock.  And the sun was reflecting off crystals in the indentations that looked like eyes, a mouth, and ears.  It was a true Mr. Happy Face look-a-like.  (Dan carried him back to the truck for me.)

Our Mr Happy Face now is living HAPPILY ever after in the sunshine at our cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment