Wednesday, October 31, 2012

2012 in 2012



We are pretty pleased. In addition to hiking some 350+ miles in 2012, today we crossed 2012 biking miles in 2012, and we did it in the middle of what we feared would be a difficult 3.5 mile climb.

We had done this climb last February, and it was hard. This year, we kept waiting for it to be hard. I guess that reflects the 1900 miles we have ridden between the two rides.

Here is a photo at the 2012 point for Vicky.




A self portrait of me:




One of us together at the top:




Yesterday we did a short hike at Lost Dutchman State Park. This is a hike I and my family did with my mother many years ago. We tried calling her from the top but had no reception.







Brought back old times, and good memories.

Tomorrow we store the camper and pickup and fly home for a month. Neither of us can believe how much we have done and seen in the past two months.

We are really looking forward to seeing our family.



No comments:

Post a Comment