Monday, September 17, 2018

Wildlife in a retirement community (Wildlife, not wild life)


We have an almost macabre situation where there are at least 100 turkey vultures perched high on the trees overlooking us (more specifically, me).  Since all they eat is carrion, I am worried that they know something I don't know. 

Late each afternoon they arrive.  It is a stunning display, and has been going on for the past three weeks or so.  They are very large birds.  Why they would be hanging around a retirement community where the only inhabitants are old people escapes me.   On the other hand, like most of us here probably, they seem to settle down early in the evening and get ready for bed.

All of these photos were taken from our living room or patio.  They really are that close:








We also have some friendlier birds that don't want to eat me.














No comments:

Post a Comment