Thursday, May 22, 2014

10,000 cycling miles in just a little over 5 years


As of today, I have achieved a milestone that in my pre-retirement life I never could have thought possible.  Starting with my training for the 2009 STP in March, 2009,  I have ridden my bike 10,000 miles.    I had hoped to achieve this before I started this year's training for the 2014 STP, but we could not find places to ride on our last road trip.  So I missed the goal of riding 10,000 miles in five years, but did make it in five years and three months. I'm especially happy because in that same time span, I have had three major surgeries on my foot and a rotator cuff surgery.  These surgeries essentially cost me a year of time, but have also given me the opportunity for so much more. 

Vicky's total is 4500+ miles.  That is for her starting in 2012.  In less than two and a half years, she has gone across the US and half way back with a titanium disk in her spine.  (Hope she makes it the rest of the way back here soon, or I'll get awfully lonely).





This week we celebrated the three year anniversary of our first date.  Since that date we have hiked over 1300 miles, driven 29000+ miles all over the US, and cycled over 4500 miles.  And danced and danced and danced.



No comments:

Post a Comment