Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Stella learns how to be a cop from her Grandma



I was sworn in as a police officer in 1976 after I graduated from the six-month Seattle Police Academy.  I was one of the first five women in Seattle to be hired as street police officers, answering radio calls and patrolling the streets of our district.  Many people in the community and on the police force didn’t think that a woman could do the job, but it turned out that we could.  And it was a rewarding, fulfilling, and fun job.  I loved it!

I kept my Seattle police hat and badge when I left the department.  After Dan and I were married, he came upon my police hat and proudly displayed it in our home.

Today as Stella was flying around inside our home on her scooter she spied my hat high up on a shelf and wanted to wear it.  Of course she and Marina wanted to be police women just like their Grandma, so I taught them what every good cop should know, how to make a traffic stop and write a ticket.

Here is Stella writing Marina and Grandpa a traffic ticket for speeding down the hallway on their scooter....and Marina is trying to talk the nice police officer out of giving them a ticket.  It ended up just like the real thing, the police officer wrote Marina and Grandpa the ticket:



After Stella got off work and took off her police hat, she and Marina frosted gingerbread cookies.  After all, cops like donuts and cookies!  :)









No comments:

Post a Comment