Friday, July 21, 2023

The Energizer Bunny is still…..

 …..knitting!

I just can’t seem stop to knitting and making pretty things for those we love and for our home.  Two years ago we made a blog entry on all the things I had “Made with Love.”  

It is woefully out of date, so here is what I’ve been recently making with love…..


Sweater and hat for Hannah:


I used left over yarn from several blankets that I’ve made to create this lap blanket for Nuestra Casa, our Leisure World home:


I like to knit our grandchildren’s sweaters a little big so they can grow into them and wear them for a few years.  But it looks like this one is quite a bit too big for dear little Hannah.  Although the hat fits perfectly!


Hannah is wearing the sweater I knitted on her Easter egg hunt.  I particularly like the darling hat Mila crocheted for her!


The past few years, I’ve made several lap blankets.  They are the perfect size to snuggle under together or just a little extra layer on a cold night to keep your feet warm.

A lap blanket for our cabin:


A blanket for Diane’s Christmas present….Dan and I are on the front deck of our cabin.  He is making a model car while I knit.  Another productive and contented afternoon together.


 A surprise gift for Eileen:


Emily’s birthday present:


Sweater keeping Hannah warm as she plays outside on a cold winters day….


River is truly appreciating the blanket that I made for Candice….


Warm winter hats for Aryana and Easton:


Doesn’t Easton look cute in his hat!


It is truly a joy to spend an afternoon knitting sitting next to my love, Danny, while we’re camping in the middle of our nation’s beautiful Public Lands.

I finished this blanket for Nuestra Casa while we were camping at Bears Ears National Monument.


And I worked on a spring/summer blanket for Kathy while we sat all afternoon on the edge of a cliff, overlooking a deep ravine in Bears Ears.  In the cliffs of the ravines we found several ancient ruins of homes and communities from almost a thousand years ago.


Here is the finished blanket for Kathy…


I knitted an EXTRA long blanket for Soren, because he is growing like a beanstalk.  In fact, he is now almost as tall a Grandpa, so it’s a good thing that I made him my biggest blanket ever!


Hannah is wearing the dress that I knitted for her.


And here she is snuggled in the sleeping bag blanket that I knitted for her baby brother, Vernon.


Vernon crawled out of his sleeping bag when he woke up from his nap.


I had fun making a mobile for the front porch of our cabin.  I have been making jewelry for years, and have spent many happy afternoons making earrings, necklaces, and bracelets with our granddaughters, Marina and Stella, as Grandpa watched and admired our creations.  I have quite a variety of beads left over from many jewelry projects.

So for my mobile I used copper wire and a piece of wood that I found while Dan and I were hiking on the Rim in a pine forest.  Then I threaded beads and crystals (from an old broken chandelier) randomly on the wire to make an original and interesting creation that sparkles in the sunlight.


Isn’t it pretty!  We can hardly wait for Marina and Stella to visit, so we can make more jewelry and mobiles.  Dan’s mission on our hikes is to now help me find more unique and unusual pieces of driftwood in the forests for Marina, Stella, and my mobiles.


Dan hung this piece of wood that I found on the Rim in East Clear Creek.  I use it to hang some of the beaded/braided bracelets that I’ve made.


Sweater for little Easton….with fish buttons, because his father, Calvin is a hunter and fisherman.


Easton’s hat to match his sweater:


Aryana is wearing a sweater that I made for her.  She loves it so much that she cried when her mother, Alison, had to take it off of her when it got too hot to wear on their midwest summer’s day.  Don’t worry, Aryana, it will keep you toasty warm during your midwest winters, and Mommy won’t make you take it off you then!


Matching bright blue sweaters for Hannah and Vernon made with love.  We can hardly wait to get photos of our two little grandchildren in their new sweaters!


Vernon’s sweater has truck buttons:


And warm winter hats to match Hannah and Vernon’s sweaters:


I don’t waste any yarn.  I knitted another lap blanket using scraps of yarn from other blankets that I had made with love for Kathy, Diane, Emily, Eileen, Soren, Candice, and Dan and me.


Nuestra Casa and our cabin are decorated with colorful and cuddly blankets that I have made.  


It’s fun to have hobbies that are both useful and beautiful…..and make wonderful gifts for those who we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment