Monday, April 18, 2016

10,000 steps update


We can't do it.  We find it almost impossible to get to 10,000.

Today, for example, we did some HARD yard work.  Our grass is very long, so we took turns pulling the mower through it.  We painted, we washed decks, we moved stuff, etc. etc.

It is 5:00 and I have under 6000 steps, and Vicky has 8800.  And I'm exhausted.

Sheesh.

When I was pulling the mower through 18 inch tall grass I would keep my eye on my fitness tracker, and found that I often got no credit at all for steps.  That's discouraging.

I think our fitness trackers do a good job of consistent straight-ahead steps, but for anything other than that it isn't all that great.  At least that's what I'm telling myself.

For the past two days we did long bike rides.  Our first was the Tulip Pedal (52 miles), and the second was the Daffodil Classic (40 miles).  We call them our flower rides.  We love them.

Vicky would get credit for steps when I wouldn't when riding.  We were riding the same route, doing the same thing, and she got credit for steps. 

Life isn't fair.


No comments:

Post a Comment