Tuesday, June 8, 2021

My Flower Girl

I call Vicky my Flower Girl.  It started when we first met, because her email address was lupinelady.  

She loves flowers, grew them at our home on Whidbey Island, and grows them at our home in Arizona.  She has made our yard here into something special--a garden of flowers, flowering cacti, and flowering bushes.  It is a thing of beauty, and we sit outside on our patio about every day appreciating it.  She gets compliment after compliment from people walking by or driving by on the golf course.



When we hike she is always on the look-out for flowers.  She can spot them when I can't.  Sometimes our hikes take a long time because she has to run over to a flower she has spotted and take a photo.

One could look out at the desert and not really perceive or see flowers.  They don't seem to fit in the desert.  But she sees them.   

She finally realized that she had to point them out to me.  I tell her I don't see them because, as the he-man that I am, I am always on the look-out for grizzlies so I can throw myself in front of her to protect her.  (sometimes I'm not sure she believes me)

So, on our last trip I tried to get a shot of her every time she stopped to take a flower photo.  

First, shots of the flowers that she took.  She found these in about 20 hours of hiking.  Amazing.


 






Even the Dandelions are spectacular:






 





This is my favorite from this trip:


She just naturally spots all of this beauty.  Here are shots of the beauty I see:

....my flower girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment