Thursday, May 13, 2021

10-year anniversary of our first (and only) date

To celebrate we are camping and hiking high in the desert mountains.  For today’s celebratory hike we took some small off-shoots of the Arizona Trail.  One led to a beautiful high desert meadow.

Here we are on that meadow.


On our first date we went out for dinner......and talked and talked.  So tonight on our desert mountain Vicky brought steak for dinner.   Then we went to a dance, sat in a corner by ourselves, and didn’t dance with anyone else (in fact, some guy came over to where we were sitting and asked Vicky to dance. I very politely said no thank you.  I just “felt” she didn’t want to so, without permission from her and without any right to turn him down, I did.  She did, in fact want me to do this).  

So after today’s hike, we used the external speakers on our camper and danced on the rocky, sandy desert soil.  We danced two waltzes.  One was Neil Diamond’s “Play me” (“You are the sun, I am the moon, you are the words, I am the tune, play me”).  The other was our favorite:   The early 1960s New Christy Minstrel’s “Today” (“A million tomorrows shall all pass away, ere I forget all the joys that are mine today.”)


No comments:

Post a Comment