Friday, July 22, 2011

Vicky gets a real weddiing proposal

Vicky told me that she had never had a formal marriage proposal.  

So, by golly, she was going to get one.

I planned a special weekend.  I got the best room, on the top floor, of a Seattle hotel.  We went to a Sarah McLachlan concert.   We strolled around the waterfront.  We had dinner in the Space Needle.

View from our window:


Two TVs!  (don't know if they worked or were just decorations)





A "Living Room" about as large as a normal house:


View out of another window


What every home should have.  A telephone to use on the commode.


Look at the size of that tub!  (and try not to look at the toenail polish Vicky spilled on the floor)



All dressed up for the Space Needle:

At dinner:



One of the views from the Space Needle:



Then we strolled around the Space Needle, and that's where I popped the question.  A flower garden!







Then we strolled around Seattle, caught a street band, sat at an outdoor cafe.






...and admired the toenail polish that finally got onto Vicky's toes instead of the bathroom floor:


When we got back to our room, they had spread rose petals (OK, I'll admit, I asked the hotel to do this).

 

 What a nice and memorable weekend.

(oh, I probably should mention....she said YES!)

No comments:

Post a Comment