Thursday, February 15, 2018

Marina is a teenager and Stella is ten!



We are home again and get to have another Stellerina Birthday party!  But how did Marina get to be 13 years old!  And how in the world could Stella be ten!

They are now quite proficient jewelers.  They have progressed beyond plastic beads.  Their talent deserves sterling silver and semiprecious stones.  These stones can cost $30-50 a strand at a jewelry/bead store.

I have found that if I am careful, I can find beautiful semiprecious stones and vintage beads at a much reduced cost in the jewelry cases at thrift stores. When I get home I just take the jewelry necklace or bracelet apart, and I have many beads to make my own creation!

So Dan and I took Marina and Stella to Good Cheer, the local thrift store.  For their birthday present they got to picked out several necklaces that had beads they liked and wanted to use to make their own jewelry.


As soon as we got home they started to make necklaces.  They will have enough beads to keep them busy all spring and summer.....I think.









 




Luc came over later and admired their jewelry creations.  The girls blew out their candles and we had carrot cake cupcakes....yummy!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment