Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Dually is on a train......somewhere

It's amazing.  We got a VIN a few days ago, and found out our F-350 Dually is on a train somewhere between Kentucky and here.  For the heck of it, I went on-line to see what happened when I entered the VIN.

One of the things I got was the Window Sticker!  The Window Sticker?


We are getting ready for it to arrive.  We are very excited.  

Last weekend we met someone who had a 4-door F-350.  I asked if we could look in the back seat to see how much room there was in it.  Told her we had ordered one.  I think she thought it was a little weird that we have purchased a brand new vehicle and had never seen the back seat of one.  I didn't tell her that not only that but we also had never even driven an F-350, much less a Dually.  Or even just sat in one.   

One of the reasons for our excitement is that it is the first time in our lives, and now the only one, where we will have factory ordered a vehicle.  That's the way people used to do it, many years ago.  I've always wanted that experience.   

I'll just never have the experience of factory ordering a vehicle I've actually test driven. 

Yesterday I attached swing-out brackets to the front jacks.  The swing-out ones will allow the wider Dually to back into the camper.

Trying to decipher the instructions:


 Finally, I gave up, and just attached one to try to figure out how to do it that way.  


But, alas, it was wrong.  So I started over.

(see the toolbox on the ground?  I got that for Christmas in 1964 from my parents.  I needed tools to restore my 1931 Model A Ford, which I did;  they are Craftsman tools--still among the best.  Not a single one has given me a problem for now almost 50 years)

Finally got them on correctly.  


 This is me using my "muscle" to tighten the bolts.  I hope my Craftsman tools don't remember how much more muscle I had when I first used them in 1964 and feel bad.




Tomorrow's job?  Remove the toilet from the camper.  More on that later.

Addendum:  The back seat of the F350 is CAVERNOUS.  We knew it would be, which was what we were wanting.  One thing we need is to be able to carry more stuff since we are gone for so long, but the F-250 we have didn't have enough room or enough weight-carrying capacity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment