Monday, January 16, 2023

It's a Small World After All

Vicky has always loved the Desert Rose dishes.  This pattern has a lot of meaning to her because her family had them when she was a child.  Coincidentally, my mother had a set that I had purchased for her many years ago from an antique mall in Mesa.  All of us have liked this pattern, for many years--my mother, me, and Vicky. 

My mother had given Vicky a couple of her bowls for a Christmas gift.  She treasures them.

Since Vicky likes them so much, we decided to purchase a few more of the dishes on eBay.  Here they are:


After purchasing them, I realized that the seller's location was Mesa. What a coincidence (another one), I thought.   I emailed him and told him that if he wanted to he could drop them by our home so he could save several dollars in shipping.  Mentioned that we lived in Leisure World. 

He emailed back.  Said he lived in Leisure World too!

Next day he dropped them by, and lo and behold, we knew him already.  We sometimes see him walking when we are cycling (all of us have waved to each other dozens of times), and a couple of years ago he stopped by to talk with us about our Turtle (pickup camper).  We had even given him a tour of it.

Small world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment