Sunday, November 20, 2022

Pumpkin Pie.....all the way from Moab

 About 6 weeks ago we helped out at Candice's ultra-ran, the MOAB 240.  We sold merchandise.  

One day, one of the volunteers went to a store and bought a bunch of pumpkins.  He gave us a couple.  

See the one nearest the camera?  The one that looks grotesquely malformed?

Well, we carted it to Bears Ears for several days, then to the cabin, and then to Nuestra Casa.  

.....for one purpose:  So Vicky could make pumpkin pies out of it!

 Isn't this the grossest looking thing?  (The pumpkin, not Vicky.)


Cut it in two (that's the part I did, just so we can say it was a "joint effort"), and cook all of it, including the seeds:



After that, scoop it out.


 
Make the crusts:


Then Vicky mixed up the pumpkin, spices, evaporated milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, and other yummy spices, and poured it into her pie crusts.


The smell was intoxicating, as the pies baked.

I just had to make sure that the pies were good before Thanksgiving. 

So I had a piece.

 Vicky!!  I think I need a second opinion.  Can I have another piece?




No comments:

Post a Comment