Monday, February 14, 2022

YES….I’ll be your Valentine!

Below is Dan’s comment in the New York Times in response to an article titled “Love or Hate Valentine’s Day?”

What he didn't say in his comment was how much fun he has hearing my excited surprise when I unexpectedly find another Valentine he has hidden for me. 
 
Obviously, we love Valentine’s Day!

For the last seven days, I have been finding valentines in the most innovative and unexpected places…my bicycle helmet, the washing machine, several drawers, an egg carton, the shower, taped to the inside of the toilet lid, my granola bowl, inside a Tupperware container filled with ham, rolled up inside the kitchen blind, in the fondue pot (which he had to search for, since I had the pot stored in the garage deep in a cabinet)….and every time I find another valentine I am surprised, again, and so very happy!

We both laugh at Dan’s clever new hiding spot.  Then I read the Valentine message on these sweet and innocent 50s children's Valentine cards to Dan and give him a hug and kiss.   It has been a marvelous Valentine’s Week—filled with fun, laughter, and love.

Every morning when I wake up Dan holds me, and when I turn on the light I see him  looking at me with a big smile on his face.  This morning, on Valentine’s Day, he had a Valentine card taped over his extra big smile! We’re both still laughing….

The cards are very old and fragile, and the messages are clever and sweet.  Each card is unique and beautiful.  I wanted to see them often every day and be surrounded by all the love that flows from every card, so I have been taping them up in my kitchen all week long.  I have run out of room!


 
Aren’t they lovely?  Every card asks me to be his Valentine.
 


YES…my love, I’ll be your Valentine!

Dan surprised me once again on Valentine’s Day.  The Leisure World News had sent out an announcement two weeks ago asking for residents' stories about their "secret sauce" for keeping their love alive.  The announcement stated that these "secret sauces" would be published on Valentine's Day.  To keep it a surprise to me Dan deleted all the Leisure World emails asking for residents’ “secret sauce,” before I had a chance to see them. Then he sent our story in two weeks ago, to surprise me. Boy, was I ever surprised!

This is what he wrote and what was published on our Leisure World Facebook page:

_________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________
 
 
I am the luckiest girl in the whole wide world, because I have the sweetest, most loving man possible, and I am the woman who he loves.  Thank you, Danny, for your love.

I made a Valentine’s cake for my sweetheart, my husband….Danny, will you be my Valentine?



(Danny here:  YES....I'll be your Valentine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment