Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Ninth anniversary of our first date

All of a sudden we look up and it has been nine years.

Our first date was to a restaurant in Everett and then a dance in Everett.

As everyone knows who has been there, that stint at the restaurant lasted a lot longer than we had anticipated, as we talked and talked.

And the dance was supposed to be just going to a dance together.  But we ended up dancing with only each other.  In fact, at some point, a man crossed the room to where we were sitting (far away from everyone else....imagine that) and asked Vicky to dance.

For some reason I felt I had permission to gently turn him down, explaining that we only danced with each other. We had never discussed this, but I could feel Vicky tensing up when he asked her.

We have gone back to the restaurant and to the same dance to celebrate today every year.

Of course we can't now, but we did our best.

Our day started with me getting.......bacon!  I always get bacon for special occasions, and most of the time end up being surprised.



And then Vicky made a terrific dinner--better than anything we ever got at the restaurant.



You are probably seeing a pattern.  Our "celebrations" consist of Vicky making me good food.  

We ran out of gas and didn't dance, but will today.  Hope that guy doesn't ask her to dance again. 

Won't matter though.   For our anniversary she gave me a 1931 dance card and put my name on every line.  All I have to do is show that to the guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment